Sunday, March 11, 2007

Inaugural Blog Post

After reading so many blogs over the past few years, it feels extremely odd to be entering the first post on my own blog. I suppose it will become less weird the more I do it. Anyway, I find it fascinating to read the blogs of so many fellow runners so I thought I'd give it a try myself.

I ran track and cross country in high school (middle to back of the pack if I recall correctly) and pretty much stopped running the minute I stepped off the track at the end of the final meet my senior year. About six years ago my wife got me back into running and we worked back up to a few 5k and 10k runs and I kept that up for a few years intermittently. Then in 2005 I started running again and it somehow managed to stick this time. With the help of a good friend (AZ) from college who serves as an online training partner and advisor, I managed to run my first marathon last October (Portland) and my second one last month (Tokyo), both of which I'm sure will be subjects of future postings.

This blog I expect will be primarily about my running, although I imagine that my wife (Chrissy) and kids (Sydney and Owen) will make guest appearances, especially since Chrissy is now training for her first marathon.

4 comments:

knittinmom said...

Welcome to the wild world of blogging, honey!

-the wife

AZ said...

Hey, nice picture of Owen and nice entry. I'll be a frequent commenter. It's always fun to see comments. Kudos to your wife for getting you and ultimately me back to running. I can't imagine what I'd do or think about if I didn't have that.

You give me too much credit, I'm an online training partner but advisor might be a bit much.

Finally, you're 37 already? I thought you were a lot younger than me. You'll be a master (and Boston qualifier) in no time!

AZ said...

I hope you don't mind me using your blog as a testing ground. I have a profile picture and I was wondering if it would post along with my comment.

Thomas said...

Welcome to the weird land of blogs. I'm looking forward to reading more about you, your kids and your running - not least because I'm exactly the same age as you.