Thursday, March 22, 2007

OK, I'm getting tired of this...

Another week has gone by and I don't seem to be recovering from my cold. I'm starting to think I have a sinus infection and maybe I should see a doctor. I attempted a run today and made it 2 miles before deciding I probably wasn't up for running. Heartrate wasn't too bad so my fitness isn't disappearing as fast as I thought it might, so that was encouraging. Sydney and Owen are still sick also and haven't been sleeping very well, so that makes it hard for any of us to get better. Vicious cycle. Of course it seems that everyone with kids goes through the exact same thing so I can't feel too sorry for myself. Sunday's 5k isn't looking too likely but I'm still hopeful.

Also, I still haven't followed up on the gasoline-in-my-diesel-engine thing. Chicken I guess.

3 comments:

AZ said...

Hang in there, it'll come around. Even if it takes another week you'll still have 3 good months before your next marathon. Plenty of time. Just recover now.

Thomas said...

I find running with a head cold doesn't really slow you down. When it reaches the chest you have to rest, but as long as the symptoms are above the neck, you're ok with running.

peter said...

I agree with Thomas, but be careful. Marathon plus jet-lag can really affect your immune system and then further exertion doesn't help! The two times I've been really sick the last three or four years were both after long runs (M. and a 20-Miler in wet chilly conditions) and I got a bronchial condition each time that only got better with drugs.