Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ahhhh, Running Again

Wow, that was one long cold virus. Just about 4 weeks (I'd say I'm 90% recovered at this point). I guess that's one way to take a 2 week break from running! Actually, by the end of the 2 weeks I was sort of not looking forward to running. But, 5 minutes into my run on Sunday and I remembered why I love it. Must be those endorphins or something. Anyway, I managed 3.4 miles on Sunday and 3.5 miles today, so hopefully it won't take me TOO long to get back into the swing of things. I'm going to have to do a major overhaul of my training plan for the July marathon, but it's far enough away still that I think I'll be okay. I'll have to spend a good chunk of time getting back to my pre-Tokyo fitness but I should have some time to improve upon that (barring any major setbacks). I'm psyched to be back at it!

Sunday: 3.4 miles, 8:23/mile, avg HR 153
Tuesday: 3.5 miles, 9:07/mile, avg HR 147

1 comment:

AZ said...

Just how long was that cold virus? A couple inches?