Saturday, April 14, 2007

Back in the Swing of Things

I'm starting to feel like my old self again, with 3 runs in this week and a long-ish run planned for tomorrow. I didn't feel super great on my runs this week but I could definitely feel some fitness still there and I'm hoping I'll be back to normal in a few weeks. I have a half marathon coming up in Eugene, OR on 4/29 that should be a lot of fun. My parents lived in Eugene for 7-8 years so I have a lot of good memories from visiting them there. I'm not expecting a PR in the race but it will be fun anyway. My main focus is building my mileage back up and getting my marathon training in gear. Plus, spring is finally here in Oregon so it's so great to get outside and run in the nice weather.

In unrelated news, our chicken coop is nearly built (well, we have a ways to go but made a lot of progress today). I need to figure out how to post pictures in here so I can show the coop and our chicks that we got 2 weeks ago and they're now about 3 times as big as they were. We're calling them Rhoda, Diddy and Ruttager. Rhoda is a Rhode Island Red, Diddy has puffy cheeks (get it? Puffy, Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy) and Ruttager just because we needed a Simpson's reference in there somewhere. Ruttager is all black so Black Bart was the alternate name.

2 comments:

AZ said...

I think you should name your chicks fried, roasted and cordon bleu.

Bill G said...

I was thinking maybe breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chrissy vetoed that though.