Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A little more consistency...

I've managed to get two 5 mile runs in over the past few days so I think I'm getting back on track. The efficiency is definitely off - I think my long-lasting cold had more of a fitness impact than I thought. I should finish this week with 35 miles or so, and hopefully continue to build for a while. The half marathon is a week from Sunday and I'll be curious to see how my training goes between now and then. My best time in the half is 1:35:59 and I can't imagine coming anywhere near that but I hope to make a decent showing anyway. I'm glad to be getting more frequent running in because I was missing all of the data analysis that goes along with it (heartrate vs. pace, average pace per mile per month, etc.). Despite loving to analyze all that, I have yet to figure out how to hook my Garmin up to my pc.

1 comment:

AZ said...

Maybe Owen can help you set up the training software. Of course once you do that you'll just have to find more time to spend looking at all the additional data.