Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Training

It's only been a few months since I last posted, which is about right I guess. Running didn't go so well in March or April but May was pretty good and June is shaping up well thus far. Those weekly miles don't build up very quickly when you skip a bunch of running, do they?

The good news is that I got into the St. George Marathon which is on October 2nd. 16 weeks to go. My long run is only up to 8 miles--not bad considering how little I've been running the last few years and my ongoing knee problems, but a long way to go still. I should get in an 18 and a 20 before the marathon, but won't be setting any records along the way or on the day.

Knee continues to improve, although a bit swollen and tight after the last long run. I've been icing it regularly after running but guess it will just take time to strengthen my quads again. I have a half marathon coming up on 7/4 so that will be a good measuring stick 3 months out from the marathon. Let's hope for nice cool weather that morning here in Oregon!

2 comments:

AZ said...

Your half coming up, site of your half PB. Shall we expect another transcendent performance?

Bill G said...

Only if we can change the definition of transcendent to "slower than prior half marathons"...