Sunday, March 14, 2010

Easy Run

After being sick, having ankle problems, etc. I got out for a short run today (2 miles) and it felt great. Well, the running itself felt good, and it felt great to actually be running again. Knee feels fine, ankle feels fine, now I just need to stay healthy and get some miles in. No shortcut to fitness, just getting the running done consistently. We've had some really decent weather here in Portland lately so there's no excuse for not getting out there now. Today was mid-50s, a little windy but it was nice to have a tailwind on the return back to the house. We ordered a treadmill last week that should be here on Friday--it will help on those rainy days here, especially in the winter, but also will allow me to get a run if I'm home with the kids and couldn't run otherwise. Two of my other new year's resolutions was to learn how to swim better, and get to the gym regularly. Those will both help my running, so I'll try to get going on those soon.

I had a golf lesson on Friday (first one ever, another one of my resolutions) and then played 9 holes--I can't believe how sore I got just from that. I refuse to think it's a sign of getting older, I'm sure it's just using muscles that don't get used much at this time of year.

3 comments:

AZ said...

Of course it's just the muscle thing. It has to be.

Learning to swim better? Hmm, something in mind for the future?

Bill G said...

I have my eye on the 100 meter butterfly in the 2012 Olympics...

Beth said...

You were able to run again, you are feeling healthy and you had your first golf lesson... sounds like everything is going very well! I'm so glad you are healthy and are enjoying your running.