Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Drat

The ankle felt okay this morning, but about half a mile into today's run it was too painful to continue running on. I'm going to follow the adage that you shouldn't run with any pain that causes you to change your gait--it's rare to run without at least some little thing bothering you, but this was making me limp. I have to believe that when the doc popped my ankle back into place that it bruised or something, because it's painful to the touch. I fully expect that it won't be a long term problem, but I'm just going to have to give it some time. My knee continues to feel good, so hopefully that issue is being worked out. I should take a cue from AZ and get some swimming time in--not that I'm much of a swimmer. The pool at the club is only 3-4 feet so it's not like I'll sink or anything.

3 comments:

AZ said...

You don't need to be much of a swimmer to start swimming. If you did, who would ever start?

In Rainman Ray wrote in his book "Charlie Babbitt grabbed and pulled and hurt my neck." I think that's what the doctor did to your ankle.

Bill G said...

Very sparkly, very shiny... like a holiday.

Beth said...

Good idea to not run if it changes your gait. Have you tried water running? That's good for when you have an injury.