Monday, March 1, 2010

Ankle?

After being sick for a few weeks, I did finally get a 3 mile run in yesterday and it felt pretty good. More than anything, it was nice to be out running again! Had my third session with the doctor this morning--more torture. Since I've been back running, my left ankle has been bothering me, so I asked him about that this morning--when he checked it, he discovered that it was compressed, so he cranked away until it finally popped out. He said usually that kind of thing is secondary to an ankle sprain, but I haven't sprained my ankle in years so who knows how it got like that. Hopefully that does it, although it's definitely still sore. I refuse to think that I'm falling apart physically, now that I'm 40. More like a car that's missed the proper maintenance so it takes a few tune-ups to get things running properly. I'm probably closer to a horse-and-buggy than an actual car. The great news in all this is that the knee is feeling pretty darn good at the moment.

5 comments:

AZ said...

Running seems to require an element of "ache" in the human body. It migrates around, never leaving, always causing worry.

Bill G said...

There was a funny cartoon in the paper a few weeks ago. A kid was lying flat on the couch, facing the tv. He said he was practicing for the luge. I think that would help my ankle.

Lindsay said...

glad your ankle is 'ok' for the most part and that your knee is doing better. maybe one day soon you'll get a run or two with no aches anywhere? 'course on those days you'll have digestion problems ... that's how i seem to work anyway!

Beth said...

That's great that the ankle is better. Congrats on the 3 miles, I bet it felt great to get out again.

AZ said...

I don't think the luge training would do much for your half marathon time though.