Monday, February 22, 2010

Short Update

Shortly after my last post I came down with a cold that does not seem to want to go away. I got a few short runs in but then the cold moved down into my chest so haven't done much since. I did notice on the 2 runs that my heartrate is slowly showing improvement--always a good sign.

Another doctor's appointment this morning, with more electrotherapy and more of the painful instrument rubbing away at my leg (the Graston technique). Doc said the leg felt a bit smoother this week so hopefully the sessions are working, because they sure are painful! Or maybe I'm just a wimp. Maybe both. I did notice last week that with the KT tape on, my knee felt much more stable. Even if it's psychological more than physical, every little bit helps. I'll be glad when the cold is over and I can get a better sense of whether the therapy is helping my running.

3 comments:

AZ said...

Graston must have been diabolical.

Beth said...

Oh, I just got over the chest cold thing. I hope yours is over quickly. The Graston sounds painful but I've heard that it really works. Hope you are giving the leg a test drive soon.

Lindsay said...

hope your cold is well out the door by now! feel better both up top and down on your knee. smoother huh? taken up shaving? :)